Paddle to the Pub and back
|Host||Winding River Canoe|
|Type of event||Canoe|
Join Winding River Canoe for a scenic there-and-back traditional Canadian canoe trip on the River Dart with a pub lunch.
Setting off with the outgoing tide, you leave the town behind and join the peaceful expanse of the Dart Estuary, with its thick wooded banks and sparkling water. This is a beautiful and wild stretch of water with abundant wildlife, where you are likely to see many different birds, and often seals as well. We stop for lunch at one of the riverside pubs in Dittisham, Tuckenhay, or Stoke Gabriel, where you can find great food in the local pub or cafe, or you can bring a picnic. If your children are with you, they might want to try their luck with a crabbing line from the jetty. As the tide turns we'll jump back in the canoes and head back to the start point where the trip finishes in the late afternoon/early evening
Adult £40, Child £20. Booking essential via website www.windingrivercanoe.co.uk/trip/paddle-pub-and-back
- Wear loose fitting comfortable clothing appropriate for the weather.
- Bring a raincoat if appropriate.
- Wear old trainers/boots suitable for muddy, uneven riverbanks.
- Bring water and snacks
- Bring either money for the pub/cafe or bring a picnic.
- Bring a sunhat and sunblock.
- Bring crabbing line and bait if apprpriate.
Meet Longmarsh car park, Steamer Quay Road, Totnes, TQ9 5AL