Cultural trail: Colourful Landscapes. This walk is part of a series of themed trails to help you learn more about the landscape around you. Other trail themes include Coast & Conflict; Trade & Settlement; Man & the Landscape.
Coastal footpath with some uneven and rocky sections; green lanes; surfaced roads.
No stiles, but several steep climbs.
Public toilets situated immediately above the village green, East Prawle.
Village green, East Prawle. By donation.
Please contact Kingsbridge Tourist Information Centre 01548 853195 or visit www.welcomesouthdevon.co.uk/locations/kingsbridge.
In East Prawle there is a phone box just above the village green, and a small shop, also by the green.
1. From village green in East Prawle, head to the cafe, and turn right along the lane leading out of the village.
2. After 400m turn left by post box down bridleway signed for Gorah Rocks. Turn left again at t-junction down old green lane which passes through a gate and between fields towards the sea.
3. Bear right at the fingerpost onto the coast path, signed for Prawle Point, and follow the field edge path along the low cliff.
4. In time you will see Prawle Point ahead, with the lookout station perched on top, and the aptly named Horse's Head rock below.
5. Continue along the coast path beyond Prawle Point.
6. Turn right at the waymarker post above Maceley Cove, and then left after about 50m at the next waymarker, heading uphill and inland.
7. After 350m, turn right following the blue waymarker arrow along another old green lane.
8. Bear left along the road, which leads you back to East Prawle.
© Natural England copyright. Contains Ordnance Survey data © Crown copyright and database right 2012.
This boundary data for the South Devon Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty has been provided by Natural England and used by the South Devon AONB Unit under the Open Government Licence.