Blessed with sandy coves, rocky shores, craggy cliffs, a blue sea, lush vegetation and tremendous wildlife, this walk takes you as close to paradise as makes no difference.
Green lane, muddy in places in wet weather; coastal footpath with some uneven and rocky sections; surfaced road.
1 steep ascent; 1 steep descent.
Extremely limited. Coleridge Community Bus runs from Kingsbridge to East Prawle once a week on Wednesdays. Ring 01548 511309 for more details. For information on public transport in South Hams please call Traveline on 0871 200 22 33 or visit www.traveline.org.uk.
In East Prawle: Pig’s Nose Inn 01548 511209; Piglet Café, open Easter – end October, 01548 511486.
Public toilets situated immediately above the village green.
Parking around the village green. By donation.
Please contact Kingsbridge Tourist Information Centre 01548 853195 or visit www.welcomesouthdevon.co.uk/locations/kingsbridge.
Public payphones by village green, and Higher Park, East Prawle. Piglet Stores village shop by village green, East Prawle.
1. From village green take road running down past Pig’s Nose Inn and bear left. Round the corner turn first right.
2. Follow lane round edge of village. 60m beyond red phone box, on left hand bend, turn right along public bridleway signed ‘Public Bridleway'.
3. At T- junction turn left following blue waymarker arrow.
4. Follow track down to stream and back up along top field edge, turn right along diverted public bridleway.
5. After 250m bear left following blue waymarker arrow. As the lane bears right after 100m go straight on following the sign ‘Public Footpath and Bridleway’. A further 50m turn right where signposted ‘Public Footpath’.
6. The lane soon drops down to a gate. Follow the yellow arrow marked ‘Public Footpath’. The path eventually emerges from the green lane, then bears left down and through scrub. At footpath junction turn left signed ‘Coast Path’. Before reaching some houses overlooking Lannacombe Beach turn left following the yellow waymaker arrow and signed ‘Public Footpath’. This route takes you up and around the cliff top to the car parking area and access to the Lannacombe Beach.
7. From Lannacombe retrace your steps along coast path, and continue to follow coast path westwards.
8. Beyond the land of Maelcombe House, the path skirts a field. At the next fingerpost follow sign reading ‘Public Bridleway East Prawle ½m’, leading through gate and up old green lane.
9. At green lane junction at the top of the rise, turn right up towards the houses.
10.At the road turn right and return to village green.
© Natural England copyright. Contains Ordnance Survey data © Crown copyright and database right 2012.
This boundary data for the South Devon Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty has been provided by Natural England and used by the South Devon AONB Unit under the Open Government Licence.