14th January 2014
Free history group training and sharing day Tuesday 14th January at Devon Rural Archive Centre near Modbury
This year we have been lucky enough to receive a grant from the Heritage Lottery under the All Our Stories fund. We have been working with local museums and farming families to collect images, stories and memories of living, growing up and working on a farm in South Devon. As part of this project, Living off the Land, we have funding to work with local history groups to find out more about sharing our heritage and archives. There will also be a chance to share some of the learning from our project and how you could communicate the work that you have done as a group.
Attendance is FREE with refreshments provided. It will be an ideal opportunity for networking between groups and sharing ideas for the future.
The event will run from 9.30am ‘til 4pm and the programme will include:-
· Registration tea/coffee
· Using digital recorders to capture memories and stories with Ian Phillips
· An introduction to broadcasting with Lucinda Guy from Soundart radio
· A tour of DRA and an introduction to facilities
· Scanning and cataloguing images with Kingsbridge Cookworthy Museum and sharing of collections
· Tea and Cake
· South Hams CVS – support and funding ideas for local voluntary groups
· AONB Living off the Land project – what’s next?
We look forward to hearing from you and hope that you can join us for what should be a very enjoyable day.
Please email [email protected] to book your place