Walk the South Devon 60 for Young Carers
- Walk the 60 miles of the Glorious AONB Coastline on the South West Coast Path National Trail
- Fund 60 local young carers to enjoy coastal respite days
- Celebrate 60 Years of the South Devon AONB
What is the [email protected] Challenge?
There are 60 miles of glorious coastline in South Devon AONB and we challenge you to walk the 60 miles, along the South West Coast Path, to mark our 60th year!
[email protected] is a walking challenge with the best of views, the best of local food and drink and the best of company! It can be done entirely at your own pace, in your own time, and with your choice of walking buddy!
Who are we raising money for?
We are fundraising to take 60 young carers for days out on the beautiful coast of South Devon Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty during summer 2021 to picnic, explore, play and have a go at activities including canoeing, surfing and snorkelling.
They will have a wonderful day making brilliant memories, as a recognition for the amazing work they do for their families. We will be working with Devon Young Carers and local outdoor activity organisations, as well as the South West Coast Path Association.
Our aim is to take 60 young carers out.
To do this, we have set a target to raise £6000.
Sounds great – how do we join in?
Grab your walking shoes, arrange your fundraising, plan your route and head out there!
- Take part as a team or on your own, you can each complete sections or you can walk the entire 60 miles.
- Download walks from our walks pages or you can see sections on the South West Coast Path website.
- Download a free a [email protected] challenge map to colour in as you complete sections.
- You can set up your own fundraising page or pay your donations in through our [email protected] team one. All of the funds raised will be used to take the Young Carers out on their Coastal fun days.
Fab – how long do we have?
You will have from the Launch on 3rd August 2020, until the end of June 2021 to complete it – and we would love to hear how you are getting on!